I hope to make a quilt this winter. I've been collecting bright and beautiful, fun and interesting scraps of fabric, which I'll use to make the front of the quilt, but I wanted a nice solid color and bigger piece of fabric for the back. Cara had asked me if I wanted to try dying some fabric with her, as we have fabric dye and tiedye in the craft room, so of course I answered yes! After finding some nice white sheets in Skua, we set out to make them colorful.
Some beautiful soul of seasons past very nicely labled all of the dye material with instructions. First we soaked out sheets in soda ash and then transferred them into buckets of dye. Our buckets of dye containted Urea, salt, hot water (thus making chemical water) and dye. Cara chose a beautiful blue/turquoise and I chose a nice royal purple.
Urea and Salt in a bucket, oh my!
Purple Dye!

Bucket o' dying sheets.After letting the sheets soak overnight, we rinsed and washed them yeilding beautiful colored sheets!
No comments:
Post a Comment