Thursday, December 8, 2011

Sipping-n-Painting

While in Antarctica, I purchased a Groupon for a 2-hour painting class at Sipping-n-Painting in Denver. On the art workshop website, you can pick the painting you want to paint (of course you're always free to paint whatever you want). I picked this particular painting so I could learn more about texture and blending.


Mmmm...hot spiced mulled wine and paint brushes = heaven.

Sipping-n-Painting is in the Highlands, one of my favorite Denver hangouts. They had free parking in the back (heck, anywhere you can park for free is GOOD!) and greeted me with a glass of hot spiced mulled wine (which was delicious, by the way.) I made a few painting friends and just generally had a good time.


Ready to be splattered paint!

Most of the time, the art I do is a solitary event, save for my McMurdo Craft Room endeavors. It was nice to create art in/as a group.


The Studio!

Paintings Galore!

Our instructor Kelly gives us the low-down...

be free...

have fun!

Humble beginnings...

Bold and Rough.

Blended and Beautiful!

Adding the tree skeleton...

Then the flesh...

My finished masterpiece!

No comments:

Post a Comment